Monday, January 24, 2011

Revisiting Target Market

Target Audience Research

In creating a new portfolio site, it is important to first ensure that my “target market be clearly defined” (Lake). The target of my site as a whole is to gain the attention of potential employers and peers and to begin conversations about my work.

The target audience of my site is potential employers in the web and graphic design fields. I want to especially focus on the web and packaging industries. I intend on applying for employment at larger firms and companies so my site must look professional as well as demonstrate my skills and my playful and creative talents. I do not wish to work at an overly conservative location so some bending of the rules is acceptable. My future employers are looking for someone who is web savvy and up-to-date on the current digital trends. On the Turner Duckworth site, they claim they are looking for designers that are “confident, self-sufficient, articulate and motivated students with a strong ability to concept - a bit of wit and a sense of humor doesn’t hurt either!” (Turner Duckworth). Keeping that in mind, I need to create a site that is easy to navigate, displays information clearly and showcases my creativity and personality.

Works Cited

Lake, Laura. Focusing on Your Target Audience. 22 January 2011. http://marketing.about.com/cs/brandmktg/a/target_market.htm.

Turner Duckworth. Turner Duckworth - San Francisco. 22 January 2011. http://www.turnerduckworth.com/contact_sf_intern_content.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment